We are hiring!
Associate Pastor / Minster for Congregational Life
Fort Washington Collegiate Church is a place of diversity, hospitality and grace. We welcome all people regardless of race, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, social or economic status. As a church we celebrate our diversity and our connection to God. We seek to follow Christ’s example, and value grace over judgment, and social justice over apathy.
Ideal Candidate: The clergy we seek is a passionate, compassionate and organized team player who will educate, organize, train and mobilize our physical and digital communities to deepen their engagement with God’s dream for a healed and whole world, through spiritual activities and guiding their advocacy for justice in the public square. The successful candidate is a progressive, ordained clergy (or close to ordination) with a minimum of two to five years of ministry experience. They understand systems, communication, know how to build movements, sees communications as a way of sharing the good news—evangelism--and have a heart for God and God’s people. They have a sophisticated analysis of the intersections of race, class, gender and power and can confidently engage these issues in a diverse spiritual community. They are an effective advocate and public theology strategist who bridges the spiritual and political elements of the faith journey.
Employment: Full time with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Usual schedule 45 hours per week. Fort Washington Collegiate Church is an equal opportunity employer.
Supervisor: Senior Minister
Purpose: To build the physical and digital community at Fort Washington Collegiate Church through creative education and stimulating programs; to engage community members as advocates for ethical leadership and justice in the public square, through an effective communication strategy; to leverage the Fort Washington Collegiate Church Community Space to increase our justice, educational and arts footprint in the community and beyond. Fort Washington Collegiate Church is committed to providing a diverse, supportive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We seek applicants who are prepared to thrive in a diverse community and have a heart for justice.
- Develops strategy for public theology with Senior Minister.
- Develops a comprehensive communication strategy for Fort Washington Collegiate Church.
- Works in collaboration with interns and ministry coordinator to produce timely multimedia including but not limited to, podcasts, streaming, video, print, etc.
- Oversees (or Manages) relationships with the press, drafts press releases, assists in op-eds, and provides consistent, timely, and appropriately contextualized information to media and public.
- Co-creates and staffs programs for education, training, and community organizing and engagement.
- With Senior Minister, creates and staffs Social Justice, Beyond Labels, and other small group/teams.
- Leads FWCC’s involvement in local neighborhood interfaith collaboration.
- Collaborates with and supervises the Congregational Life Team, which includes a Director of Children and Youth Ministries, as well as a team of lay leaders and volunteers.
- Collaborates with staff to grow membership and congregational ownership of ministry.
- Along with Senior Minister, supervises Field Education Interns in all areas, including theological reflection, weekly duties, and sermon preparation/debrief.
- Works with Business Manager to coordinate Sunday Morning Worship Service, and after-service activities.
- With staff, organizes and implements special events in the life of the church.
- Works with Senior Minister and lay leaders on incorporating arts into worship, and in developing arts programming.
- Preaches and serves as worship leader as scheduled.
- Offers pastoral care and support as directed.
- Other duties as required.
Please send cover letter, CV/resume and all inquiries to Dinean Davis, the Ministry and Communications Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org